14.10.08

More photos and a lot of Morocco

Hello! I just returned from my trip to Morocco. And let me tell you, it was probably one of the most incredible experiences of my entire life. I don't even know if I can put it to words, and even though I didn't go into the trip expecting anything in particular, it was completely different than I could have imagined it to be.

The people of Morocco are so welcoming and warm, and I couldn't help but want to stay there when it came time for us to leave, despite my yearning to return to Granada, where things are familiar. I made some good friends both in other programs in Granada, Sevilla, and Madrid, as well as some Moroccans, who honestly said that if I ever return to Morocco, I will have a place to stay. And the most incredible part--they truly mean every word.

The most memorable part of the trip, except for, uh, everything, would be when a group of us walked around with two girls and this one guy started bashing Americans, and Bush, and the two Moroccan girls completely went off on him. They told him that just because Bush is the president of the US, doesn't mean that all American's love him, or support him, or are all the same. They completely stood up for us, even though we had only known them for maybe ten minutes. If not less. They truly and deeply cared for us just upon meeting us, which I think most Americans could not even fathom. Their lifestyle is just so much different from ours back home.

I have added more photos. So check-check it out! Included are: my journey on the back of a camel, the homestay family's home, and lots of beautiful scenery. Get excited!

I need to get moving to class. I love you all!

M.

No comments: