24.11.08

The excitement continues

So the other day I posted about how there was a cockroach in my room.

WELL.

I guess my Senora did not locate the bugger like she said she would. And, well.

I found it.

I picked up a stack of papers that had been on the floor, and bloop. There he was, dead, sitting next to me on my bed! I shouted, ran out of my room into the living room where my host family was sitting watching television (as always!) and they asked what was wrong, and I explained. My Senora then went to the kitchen and returned with a broom and a dustpan, and scooped him up, and then insisted on getting me a new comforter for my bed, which she did, and then that was that.

And then a pigeon almost flew into me on my walk back to school. Had I not ducked...well, it would have been a bad situation.

I hate birds.

BUT!

This weekend I was in Sevilla and Cordoba. I love love LOVED Sevilla. It was very charming, and beautiful, but somehow it had more of a big city feel than I found even Barcelona had. I don't exactly know why. Maybe it was because the streets were more what I am used to at home, and not the dark, winding roads of Granada. They certainly did wind, though, because we got lost a lot! Even with a map!

Cordoba was what I was expecting it to be. I have always been told that it isn't anything too exciting, and it really wasn't. The mosque was beautiful, sure, but there wasn't much outside of that to keep us occupied.

But, just like always, there are new pictures up.

I even have pictures up from my class trip to San Jeronimo on Friday.

Not much else is new. I only have 24 days until I come home.

Too weird.

No comments: