25.9.08

A Little Ranty

So...they told us this was bound to happen eventually. And its happening, though not to the extent that I was expecting.

I am experiencing culture shock. (oh god!) :)

Basically they told us that when it hits, you usually get sick, are overly tired and want to sleep all the time, and little cultural differences really start to bother you.

Well, I am sick. No worries, it isn't anything awful. Just a little bit of a stuffy/runny nose and a sore throat from the post-nasal drip (that was a little graphic, sorry!), and I am tired all the time. Probably because I am ill, and nothing more.

And then little things have been bothering me, but not to the extent that I don't want to be here anymore or anything. Like how there are people EVERYWHERE smoking and I am sick of always smelling like smoke and inhaling the smoke, and being perpetually scared of getting cancer from secondhand smoke. I never realized how much I appreciate Illinois' smoking ban. I want to breathe clean air again!!

And then I really miss being able to use the internet whenever I feel the need to. Which, I realize, sounds stupid, but its difficult when I want to plan trips and stuff, or talk to people I can't normally.

And the shower is set up differently, and its a really uncomfortable situation. I feel like I am going to spray water everywhere since the shower head isn't at one of the ends like usual, but in the middle of the shower.

...I think I just need a nap. I added a few more pictures to my album that wouldn't load before from when we went to the beach. More pictures will be put up as they come. I hope to at least give them some subtitles, or break them into more manageable albums, but we shall see.

Much love from Spain,

M.

No comments: