4.10.08

Death is Inevitable...

This trip in Germany has been completely insane. So many crazy things have happened, and the hits just keep on coming. I do not know if I will make it out alive. I may or may not be coming down with pneumonia because it is freezing cold and rainy here all the time, and there is no way to ever get the sleep that I need. It is awful.

Not to mention that the z and y keys are in the opposite spots on the keyboard and it is really bugging me because I never realized how much I actually use each letter. Its a really strange sensation.

I am now in Salzburg, Austria and let me tell you...I CANNOT WAIT to get on the train to Berlin tonight and sleep for the 10 hour train ride all night. I am exhausted. Today I think we are going to brave the ice caves, and maybe check out the Eagle's Nest (something to do with Hitler) and hopefully the whole day will be taken care of then. If I can even last that long.

I got one hour of sleep last night. One hour.

See, we have been winging this trip, as you all very well know. And every moment so far has been an adventure, and I will for sure remember this trip for the rest of my life. BUT! Apparently Austrians celebrate German holidays as well? Who knew! So we take the train from Munich to Salzburg, Austria on this said holiday. And there are no rooms ANYWHERE! None. Unless we want to pay 145€ for a double room.

As Patrick would say...Hell. To. The. No.

:)

So we went out, had a few beers, and slept in the train station. No wait, let me re-phrase that. We "slept" in the train station. I probaby got an hours worth of sleep.

So today should be an interesting day.

However, we did run into this nice guy from England who lives and runs a hostel in Budapest who hung out with us last night and slept in the station with us because he too had nowhere to go. In fact, he is still here with us at the internet cafe.

Which, might I mention, is outrageously priced and 3€ for an hour.

Whatever, I need this time for myself.

And I guess the Bradley class schedules are up for the Spring, so I neeed to get cracking on that. Sick.

I almost want to book a flight home early. But who knows if I will.

I think this is all for now. Sorry its so depressing. No worries, its just been a rough night and will be a rough day. I hav honestly enjoyed everything up until now. And Oktoberfest was insane.

Besitos,

M.

1 comment:

Anne said...

you crazy lady! traveling around Europe with no plans! but i'm glad you're having such a good time.

and i'm secretly super jealous that the course catalog for the spring is up for Bradley already. it is not for illinois, which is unfortunate seeing as it is going to determine when i'm graduating...

also, what are you talking about "booking a flight home early"?